Vacancy published date: 14th February 2023
Last date for accepting application: 24th February 2023
- MBBS or MSc Physiology
- With /Without CPC certification
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, medical terminologies, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles
- Evaluates medical record documentation and charge-ticket coding to optimize reimbursement by ensuring that diagnostic and procedural codes and other documentation accurately reflects and supports outpatient visits and to ensure that data complies with legal standards and guidelines.
- Interprets medical information such as diseases or symptoms and diagnostic descriptions and procedures to accurately assign and sequence the correct ICD-10-CM and CPT codes.
- Reviews state and federal Medicare reimbursement claims for completeness and accuracy before submission to minimize claim denial.
- Evaluates records and prepares reports on such topics as the number of denied claims or documentation or coding issues for review by management and/or professional evaluation committees.
- Makes recommendations for changes in policies and procedures; works with data processing staff to revise the computer master file. Develops and updates procedures manuals to maintain standards for correct coding, to minimize the risk of fraud and abuse, and to optimize revenue recovery.
- Provides technical guidance to physicians and other staff in identifying and resolving issues or errors such as incomplete or missing records and documentation, ambiguous or nonspecific documentation, and/or codes that do not conform to approve coding principles/guidelines.
- Reads bulletins, newsletters, and periodicals and attends workshops to stay abreast of issues, trends, and changes in laws and regulations governing medical record coding and documentation.
- Educates and advises staff on proper code selection, documentation, procedures, and requirements.
- Identifies training needs, prepares training materials, and conducts training for physicians and support staff to improve skills in the collection and coding of quality health data.
Salary: Rs 30000 -Rs 40000/ month
Job Type: 6 month Project
Work from Office
Ability to commute/relocate: Kochi. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work.
Number of Vacancies: 10
Interview Mode: Face to face
1. HR Round
2. Written Round
3. Technical Round
Read and understand the criteria; if you meet the prerequisites and are yes to the terms and conditions. Please register for the post published.